Monday, January 31, 2011

Down time…

Things in this Holtz household are not so fun right now.  Poor Hailey girl is sick with a fever and nasty cold.  I should have known it was coming since last Thursday more than 60% of her pre-school class was out sick.  Yet it still sucks!  I hate when your baby is sick and you can’t do anything to make it better.  When she is on the liquid crack (aka: Motrin) she seems fine, just looks a little pale and a little run down.  However, when the crack wears off she is one miserable little peanut.  And best of all… now I think this Momma is starting to get it…   Boo!

 

On a separate note:  Jersey girl is fitting in well and adjusting to our schedules and we are getting on a routine.  She’s been a very good pup and is pretty mellow 90% of the time.  She has been going to sleep with Hailey the last 3 nights and Hailey LOVES this… Although she says Jersey HAS to sleep with her because she matches her bed… She has a point!

178998_867394492629_30824957_44459285_6310200_n

And even better news Jersey and Magic are slowing getting adjusted and becoming buddies… see for yourself…

180673_867428210059_30824957_44460325_3858251_n

Aren’t they just adorable!  She really is an easy pup.  I’m so happy that Steve decided to let me get her!   She’s even slept through the night the last two nights!  Woo hoo… You forget how much like a newborn they are!  It’s the little victories!

 

And in breaking WEATHER NEWS… we are supposed to get hammered with snow between this afternoon and Wednesday!  They are saying a total accumulation of between 12-18” of snow!!  We haven’t had anything close to that significant in years!! I’m a snow girl so the thought of that much snow doesn’t bother me at all… It does however bother me that of course Steve is on shift tomorrow which means I’m going to be stuck dealing with it on my own… with a sick baby girl… probably a sick me… and my baby pup!  Awesome!!  I was at least smart and ran to the store and got anything we might need for the next few days… I’m thinking it’s going to be a long few days inside for us.  Hailey is missing swimming tonight (might be cancelled from the weather but she still has a fever so no go), missing school tomorrow (not fever free for 24 hours), and more than likely dance will be cancelled on Wednesday morning since we are under blizzard like conditions for then!  Here’s how I’m planning our next few days (Minus the Xmas decorations)…

77167_840827942209_30824957_43875015_1281382_n

So… that’s our plan… and I’m sticking to it!

Red heart S H A N N O N 

No comments:

Post a Comment